Tuesday, October 21, 2014

First experience dialing 999 for emergency

Case Date: 28th September 2014
Today when I was around Kuen Ching high school walking to Tun Sambathan monorail to head to Timesquare, I was about to reach the bridge where it connect to brickfields and monorail station, one malay aunty walked down from the bridge looking worried and tell me: "Boy, ada satu lelaki baring atas jambatan macam sudah mati o... Nampak macam kena pukul tetapi dompet dia masich ada... banyak darah kat badan dia..". Then I said I will go and take a look, as she seems rushing back or too afraid to do something. It's also understandable that the people here prefer not to involve them self in such business. Especially after so many cases of fake injuries to rob and harming people.

When I walk up the stairs and reaching the top of it, immediately i see one man lying on the floor near the staircase. Both of his eyes wide open and lying there, emotionless, without any sign of breathing and no movement at all. Then i thought to myself: "This time kao lik holy liao.... a living salty fish in front of me....". Before I finish thinking that line, his eyes suddenly roll to my direction and look at me. At first I felt like a creepy dead eyes staring at me but soon after that I know he is still alive.

I didn't see any fatal wound on him at first glance. Just abit of bruise here and there. Probably got hit by something or fall down. I found a wallet beside him, not sure if its belong to him or what. Quite a lot of bloodstain around him. Most of the bloodstain are dried so it seems he was there for quite some time.

I ask him what happen and is he okay or not but it seems he is not listening to me. At first he try to get up, so I lend him a hand. Then he stand there like not sure where he want to go. Then i notice there are bloods coming from his foot. Base on his injury, I think i should call the police. Since he is not answering me anything and I can't be with him for few hours. So I took out my phone from my pocket and before I manage to turn on my phone, he suddenly lost his balance and bang on the floor. I failed to hold him because I was trying to use my phone. Then, he still try to get up after that and seems the bang on the floor is nothing to me. I try to ask him to lie down and don't move but he still not listening. He try to grab on anything he could to maintain his balance and stand up. He even grab my hand very tight and his nail left a scratch on my skin. I was afraid that he going to attack me or some sort.... Luckily he didn't.

I don't think I have other choice but to call for help. So i go to the monorail station and look for police bantuan since I saw few of them there sometimes. When I reach the station, there is no police there. So i inform the worker that I found one injured man and I need police to help on this. Then the worker call the police bantuan. Apparently the polis is not in the station but somewhere around the area. Later, the worker tell me that the police bantuan is in charge of the monorail area, they don't have power to do anything. I was like.... okay lo.... I was expecting that the polis can at least call for help even if he don't have the power at places other than the station. Then i return back to the place and make a call to 999 and immediately got respond within seconds (Who says calling 999 no one pick up eh?). I explain the situation and request for ambulance for that man.

After some time, I was still standing at the bridge near to the man to observe him. The monorail worker bring a police bantuan over to the place and check on that man. That man still repeating the same behavior: get up. try to stand still then bang. At first when the polis bantuan arrive on that spot, he look around the scene and I was telling him not sure what's happening to that man. Then the polis bantuan told me he got attack on his forehead by wine bottle because there are a few wine bottles around the stair, and his leg got injured and bleed because of some glass bottle pieces on several spot of the floor. I gotta say that's really impressive because I never notice that after standing there so long.

I was asked by the dont-know-who-and-which hospital people to wait for the ambulance at the monorail station since it's easy for vehicle to reach there. So I wait there for like 15 minutes........................ lol. Then the ambulance came and do their stuff. The police bantuan also call for other police to help before that. While I was waiting for the ambulance, the polis bantuan was there watching that man. He told me that the man repeat standing up and falling down for 4 times. That's kinda make me wondering, why the polis don't do something about it?

The paramedic (not sure if this is the right word, referring to the people from the ambulance with medical equipment) try to talk to that man but he received the same response. The paramedic ask me to talk mandarin with the man so I did, but still result in same thing. The polis and paramedic discuss about something in which I'm not sure what they are discussing about as I'm not good with the typical malays conversation, I just heard something like chit-chating and joking before the other paramedic from the ambulance bring over the some-kind-of-bed-for-injured-person. It wasn't too difficult to put that man on that thing because he was lying on the floor that time.

So the police bantuan and the paramedic tied the hand and leg of that man on that something like a bed with bandage to stop him from moving and trying to get up and bring him over to the ambulance. That man didn't struggle when he was being tied but he lift up his head and like wandering what's happening. Then, i thanked the people around there and case closed.

One thing I learn today: You don't play prank call with 999, they can tell you your full name without you mentioning any details of yourself.
Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment